Get Email Updates
Hearing Aid (Retirees)
Create a PDF of:
The in-plan benefit increased to $1,500 per ear every 36 months on July 1, 2018.
Hearing aid benefits are available to you and your covered dependents every 36 months. You can purchase a hearing aid for a discounted price from the Fund’s contracted provider, HearUSA, or use a nonparticipating provider and receive direct reimbursement of up to $500 every 36 months.. For out-of-network claims you must first contact HearUSA at 1-800-442-8231 prior to your appointment to be eligible for a maximum $500 direct reimbursement.
The Fund has chosen HearUSA to be the exclusive hearing aid network to provide members and their eligible dependents with a program for hearing tests and hearing aids.
To obtain service from HearUSA, members must begin by scheduling an appointment with a provider by first calling the HearUSA toll free number, (800) 442-8231. You will be given the names of three participating HearUSA practitioners in your area and the nearest HearUSA store. You may continue to request additional names of participating practitioners until you are satisfied with your choices. If you have a specific hearing aid manufacturer in mind, you may also request the names of nearby HearUSA participating practitioners who carry hearing aids from that particular manufacturer. HearUSA offers hearing aids from 11 manufacturers.
Members and Dependents are eligible for:
- Free annual hearing screening
- In-plan Hearing Aid Benefit $1,500 per ear ($3,000 total) every 36 months.
- Guaranteed price discounts on all hearing aids
- Unlimited visits during the first year of purchase (adjustments, cleaning programming)
- Loaner hearing aids available when your hearing aids are being serviced
- 3-Year Warranty: repair and one-time replacement due to loss or damage (small deductible applies)
- 3-Year supply of batteries
- 12-Month interest free financing available
- 10% off hearingshop.com for accessories and batteries using code EARUSA
- Out-of-network maximum direct reimbursement of $500 every 36 months in lieu of in network purchase. For out-of-network claims first contact HearUSA at 1-800-442-8231 prior to your appointment to be eligible for a maximum $500 direct reimbursement.
To learn more or to make an appointment with a HearUSA provider, you must contact HearUSA directly at (800) 442-8231, and let HearUSA know that you are a member ofPSC-CUNY Welfare Fundso they can determine your eligibility.
Related Docs and Links
Have feedback about this website?