How do I start the retirement process?

For information on retirement, Travia leave, forms, etc., begin with the benefits office at your campus or workplace. CUNY holds pre-retirement information seminars throughout the year. Your benefits officer will have the dates.

If you have a Teachers' Retirement System pension, call (888) 869-2877 and schedule an appointment at the TRS office on 55 Water Street. Visit the very useful TRS website.

If you have a TIAA retirement account, meet with the TIAA representative on your campus.

The Welfare Fund retiree benefits and pension counselor is available to facilitate the process and advocate on your behalf, 212-354-5230.


Have feedback about this website?

Tell us what you think.